- Presidential and congressional elections are due in the United States on November 3.
- Democrats have nominated former vice president Joe Biden against Republican incumbent Donald Trump.
- All 435 seats in the House of Representatives and 35 of the 100 seats in the Senate will also be contested.
- Presidential polls have consistency put Biden ahead with an average of 50 percent support against 43 percent for Trump.
- Biden needs to win by at least 3 points nationally to have a better than fifty-fifty chance of prevailing in the Electoral College.
- Democrats are expected to defend their majority in the House of Representatives and are slightly favored to win a majority in the Senate.
The outcome of the presidential election will be decided in a handful of “swing states”, where Biden and Trump are neck and neck in the polls. FiveThirtyEight and RealClearPolitics have the latest figures.