EVERY WEEKDAY EVENING, TheJournal.ie brings you the five biggest stories of the day.
1. #THE UK: A NEW STRAIN of coronavirus has been identified in southern England as tougher restrictions were imposed in London.
2. #THE VACCINE: Taoiseach Micheál Martin has said there will be “limited volumes” of Covid-19 vaccine in January and February and that May and June is likely to be the “optimal period” for the vaccine roll-out.
3. #INSURANCE: The Central Bank found that the majority of insurers in the Irish market use the controversial practice of differential pricing, leading to customers with similar risks paying different premiums.
4. #OUT OF OFFICE: YouTube, Gmail, Google Drive and a host of services owned by Google’s parent company Alphabet suffered outages across the world this afternoon.
5. #BREXIT TRADE TALKS: Downing Street has said a no-deal Brexit was a “possible” outcome from the EU trade talks, signalling that there had been some improvement since Boris Johnson said it was the “most likely” scenario yesterday.
Your contributions will help us continue to deliver the stories that are important to you