The treasurer of the Federation, Galia Borja Gómez, was proposed this Monday as deputy governor of the Bank of Mexico (Banxico) by President Andrés Manuel López Obrador. “I am going to propose today to the Senate of the Republic two appointments for deputy governor of the Bank of Mexico and member of the Governing Board of the same Bank, I am proposing Galia Borja Gómez.
At the end of this year the period of one deputy governor and will be replaced by Galia Borja Gómez, (who) is currently the treasurer of the Federation, “he said at the morning conference.
The proposal presented by the president will go to the Senate of the Republic , which is the chamber in charge of ratifying the position. The elected will replace Javier Eduardo Guzmán Calafell, who concludes his term as deputy governor on December 31.
But, do you know what Borja studied or in what other positions he has held? We tell you.
- Borja Gómez has a degree in Mathematics from the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM).
- He has two master’s degrees , one in Applied Mathematics from the State University of New York, and another in Economics and Public Policy from the Tecnológico de Monterrey.
- Between 2001 and 2007 he worked in the Ministry of Finance of the Government of the then Federal District.
- Before the arrival of Andrés Manuel López Obrador to the presidency, she was deputy general director of Revenues of the Federation Treasury, which is part of the Ministry of Finance and Public Credit (SHCP) .
- In November 2018, AMLO appointed her treasurer of the Federation. The position was formally taken on December 1 of that year.
- When Borja leaves his position, he will be replaced by Elvira Concheiro .
- If ratified by the Senate, it will enter the Central Bank instead of Javier Eduardo Guzmán Calafell, who ends his time in the institution on December 31.
- The new deputy governor will hold that position for a term of eight years, that is, from 2021 to 2028.